Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Look Good, Feel Good

Here is a comment from a client after I cleansed her closet this weekend.
"I just wanted to let you know that I walked into my closet this morning, and instead of dreading the decision about what to wear, I was excited to pick one of the outfits you discovered. It's SO much more fun looking at a closet of possibilities rather than a small room of agony!Thanks for making me look and feel so great about myself... and my closet."

This is the reward of what I do. It's just so satisfying to see this change occur before my eyes in a matter of three or four hours. The process begins with the client being skeptical and making excuses for all their clothes or trying to convince me of the brilliance of certain hateful outfits. But after the first half hour, the client is saying "This is awful. Get rid of it." Or, "This actually fits me well." And they are right on. I just want to give them huge squeezy hugs. Which I do, because I am not one to contain myself.

My whole approach to helping women dress is to empower them to discover what works and what doesn't work on their bodies so they won't need me. Not a brilliant profit strategy, I know. But I'm not in this for people to become dependent on my opinion of what works for them. It's all about independence, baby.

I'm so excited for you to discover your own special fashionista within.

4 comments:

KrisLarson said...

I've been meaning to tell you, you totally changed my life with the little black jacket you gave me. I wear it to interviews and look professional; I wear it to shows and look hip; I wear it over my PJs and look...like a big freak, but sometimes that's the look I'm going for.

The Closet Shopper said...

tee hee. i love you.

Anonymous said...

Let's do it. It would be so exciting to be love looking at my clothes.

Tina

Lassie said...

Good post.