Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Sleek Sneakers---Sleakers

I have a strong suggestion for all the ladies. If you're going to wear a sneaker, how about making it a bit more fashionable. Your heavy white sneaker should be worn at the gym only! When you're putting on a casual outfit, finish it off with a sleek fashion sneak. There's nothing more aggravating than seeing a woman in a cute casual outfit only to have it ruined by huge, ugly athletic sneakers. And they're usually filthy. It's not feminine. It looks like you're standing inside a big brick.

Before you even go there, let me assure you that a tight-fitted, sleek sneaker will be just as comfortable as your hideous cross trainer. Also, if you have a favorite color, buy your fashion sneaker in that color. It's always nice to add a pop of color to your outfit.

The gym sneaker is for the gym, just like the rest of your gym wear. Most of you wouldn't be caught dead at work wearing your gym clothes, so why would you wear your gym sneaker? Add a fashion sneaker toute suite!

7 comments:

Tina said...

I have been wondering about that, and here you've answered my question and I didn't have to ask! Thanks

KrisLarson said...

While we're at it, can we get rid of the big snowboot things I still see women in? I don't care how fashionable they are, they are clumpy and awful. And as someone whose closet is full of clumpy, awful platform shoes, I know clumpy and awful when I see it.

KrisLarson said...

Uggs, that's what they're called. Because that's what they make me say when I see them. Because I am fashion-blind.

The Closet Shopper said...

They calls them uggs cuz theys uggsly. i hate them. i'm going to write a blog about them today. Just for you. But hopefully for everyone!!

KrisLarson said...

Yay! I am ready. Where is my ugg blog. My blugg. I need it.

laura said...

I am guilty of this lately. I have been wearing my hiking boots about 4 days a week because my feet are killing me! I think my arches are falling. I started eliminating suspect shoes out of my life when I first noticed it, then I went and bought all new shoes when I couldn't pick out the culprit. Still no relief. Now I can be seen more often than not in skinny jeans, all seductively bunched up around the top of my giant brick hiking boots! Sexy! Feminine! But I just walk around work all like, "i've worked here 9 years! kiss my ass! my arches are falling! kiss my ass!"
I don't know what to do, Closet Shopper! Do you have any wisdom or experience to lay on me? What I've noticed lately is that wearing tight, supportive SOCKS seems to feel better too. Maybe its the SOCK.
Do I need medical assistance? Or a pair of Rockports?

The Closet Shopper said...

Laura,

There are insoles that you can buy to put in your shoes to help with that. You can still have cute shoes that are comfortable. You may have to spend a few extra dollars, but if you only buy a couple pair, you can save money in the long run. Aerosoles actually has cute shoes these days and they're very comfortable and affordable. I hope that helped.