Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Sundress: From Day to Night


I spent the weekend in DC with my lovely friend, Tom. It was my first time in DC so we did lots of site seeing. It was incredible. I packed the bare minimum for the trip. Here's how I stretched one sundress from day to night. For daytime site seeing, I wore it with a flat roman sandal with my hair in a messy side braid. Then we went out to dinner that night, so I threw on a silk shirt over the dress and belted that with the same belt I wore during the day. I put on a platform heel to make it a little dressier. And that's it. Daytime photos taken by Tom.

Now, my pictures for the night shots are awful and for the rest of the trip all my pics look fuzzy like this. I didn't realize till I got home that I had accidentally changed the setting on the camera. Ugh. Oh well, you can at least get the idea of what I was going for.











Dress: Top Shop
Day shoes: Enzo
Night shoes: Cordani
Silk shirt: Express

5 comments:

shybiker said...

Amazing! I never would have guessed it was the same dress. Very smart move to add the shirt and belt; you transform the dress into elegant evening-wear.

ian said...

I'm pretty sure I'm the luckiest man alive.

The Closet Shopper said...

Thanks, shybiker! You are always so sweet to me.

And Ian, thank you!

Ashley said...

So gorgeous. I want your hair. Looks like you had fun in DC (I'm envious, by the way! I've never been there), and seriously, you might be one of my favorite bloggers for these types of combinations.

The Closet Shopper said...

Ashley, you are so sweet. thanks!