Thursday, April 21, 2011

It's Almost Friday


This week has been grey and gross, but today is sunny. I think the weather is trying to cheer me up. It's all, "Buck up 'lil lady, it's almost Friday after all." It's working. I feel hopeful.

I have to be honest. When I started this blog, it was to take photos every day of what I chose to wear. But lately I've had doubts. I worry that my plain outfits aren't interesting enough to post. But I had to remind myself that this is precisely why I started posting outfit shots. I wanted to show the ordinary daily outfits of a regular person. And that's what I feel I'm accomplishing on a daily basis. This is how I dress and hopefully I can inspire women to dress comfortably and feel good about themselves with little effort. Just having garments that fit and are current can make getting dressed easy in the morning.

I always say to grab a third piece every time you're getting dressed. Like a blazer or belt or scarf or statement necklace. After that starts to feel natural and comfortable, you can always start adding more accessories.

Ok, I'm going to stop rambling now. Here's today's ordinary, normal, super comfortable outfit.







Blazer: Calvin Klein--thrifted
Shirt: Zara
Jeans: Citizens of Humanity
Shoes: Nine West
Sunglasses: Fendi via Gilt
Bag: Badgley Mischka via TJ Maxx
Infinity scarf: Express

7 comments:

Shybiker said...

Tracy, please keep blogging. We love your posts. Whatever you want to show us is fine, whether it be outfits, your kitchen or your rear molars.

The Closet Shopper said...

haha. my rear molars are off limits! i'm seriously lol'ing.

Pam @ over50feeling40 said...

Number one.... You are way to stylish to be called plain!!
Number two.... great scarf!
Number three...Tomorrow is not just Friday, it is GOOD FRIDAY!!

Have a good one and keep that smile going!!

Ashley said...

But your plain outfits are like, most people's dream outfits. I swear! Like this look. I don't consider this ordinary at all. If I saw someone wear this out on the street, I'd be all, dayummmmm girl!

I know what you mean though. Sometimes I feel like my outfits are boring. And sometimes they really, really are, so I don't post them (you should see what I wear to work. You'd be seriously lol'ing then, too). I like you and your blog because I know this is what you're actually wearing. Ah crap, I don't know where I'm going with this and now I just sound like a creep. Like I like knowing what you wear everyday because it helps me imagine what you'd look like without skin, roasting away in my slow cooker. Or something. Hopefully you know what I mean. Anyway, I'mma gonna go...

P.S. I've never seen the Timothy Treadmell movie in its entirety, but I remember watching a ABC special or something about him and they featured clips of it. Yuck.

Bonnie said...

Don't you just LOVE COH jeans??? They are my favorites.
I'm wearing mine right now.
Weird.

This week has sucked balls for me, too, as I am sure you learned from my posts. It's getting better, though!!!

http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
Twitter: @GlamKitten88

dimi said...

Dear Tracy, don't just assume that other people can put together those "plain" outfits of yours! I'm good with skirts and dresses, but when I see pants, I just leave the room! So you're a great inspiration when it comes to jeans and every day wear - and that ain't easy!! And you're a great girl to get to know, so just keep posting whatever you like!! (don't you love those self-doubting thoughts?? I get that aaaall the time! Ha) :) :) Kisses and hugs

KrisLarson said...

I love the day-to-day outfits! I especially like when you get a crush on one piece and wear it a few different times, because then it's easier to see how something can work with lots of different stuff.