Monday, September 19, 2011

White Maxi


While most of you are starting to have fall weather, we're are just now getting our summer weather in Northern California. It's glorious and hot here right now. I'm loving every minute of it. I complained all summer about our cold weather so I can shut up about it now. Aren't you thrilled?

I'm wearing this white maxi skirt I bought from the Gap months ago. And yes, I know it's after labor day and I'm wearing white. The “No White After Labor Day” rule started in the late 1800s as a way to tell the difference between the emerging middle class and nouveau riche from the upper, old money classes. This is just not the case anymore. And the old rule is, quite frankly, ridiculous. White is a year round color now. I'm contemplating getting a white faux fur vest to wear during the winter as well. I would draw the line at white pumps. But that's just me. I wouldn't wear a white pump, ever. Not that there's anything wrong with them. Just not my aesthetic.

So wear white you guys. Let the "No White After Labor Day" archaic rule be damned.







Tee: Urban Outfitters
Skirt: Gap
Shoes: Nine West
Sunglasses: Just Cavali

15 comments:

dimi said...

I simply love it!! And the skirt is amazing!! Congrats for being nominated for the POTY over at Ally's! Fantastic! Many kisses :)

Pam @ over50feeling40 said...

You look beautiful and, yes, it is very summery!

Style Journey said...

This is the bomb maxi skirt! Love it paired with the gray tank (the front tuck) and the belt. Perfect outfit! And no white after Labor Day rule be damned! Heather

Bravoe Runway said...

Oh yes i wear white after labor day, I prefer to make it more of a cream or ivory colour to warm it up. Love this skirt and you should get the white fur vest!

woreout said...

Wear whatever you want whenever you want! White after labor day is totally acceptable especially when your lucky enough to be enjoying warm summer temps! This is a great outfit, love how you kept the look casual without loosing any of its style.

Tiffany said...

I love this!! The half tucked tank and the knotted belt with the maxi... It's a perfect laid back, but put together look!

Shybiker said...

Whew! I just bought white pants and thought I had to hide them for a year. Thanks for the permission.

Ashley said...

Me likey! I don't intentionally follow that rule...although a lot of my white clothes are mainly summer clothes and can't be worn in the winter unless I want frost bite on my azz. But I hate rules like that. Yes. I do. I'm also not too keen on white shoes in general...I don't think I own any. White pumps would probably look kinda cheap, don't you think?

Meg {henninglove} said...

i love your style tracy so cute and i love how you did that belt with the white maxi, totally adorable!

Shybiker said...

I can't believe Ashley said "White pumps would probably look kinda cheap...". The nerve of that girl!

Here's photographic proof refuting her baseless remark:

http://tinyurl.com/3lszh5n

Closet Fashionista said...

Love this look, its so pretty. :D
http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

Karena said...

Very nice, I love white year round.

A cozy sweater with jeans, White pin-wale cords, the skirt is perfect!!

Xoxo

Karena
Art by Karena

I hope you will come and join my Giveaway from Interieurs! It is from the Jose Esteves Collection!

Mary and Dyer said...

Love the skirt!! You look so stunning! xox

Hope that you have had the chance to enter our Tiffany & Co. necklace giveaway!

xox
Kat
www.maryanddyer.blogspot.com

Shybiker said...

The white pumps were only $39 at Zappos. I originally bought them for use in The Prom Project but replaced them at the last minute with another pair of different color. Now I use them when an outfit has a lot of white in it. (Thanks for your and A's comments; I was, of course, teasing you guys.)

silvergirl said...

what??? you mean there is no class distiction anymore?
what will i tell all of my servants
lol
loving the white maxi, saw someone with it the other day and thought.. wow that is super cute, i would have just passed it right on by on the rack
brett