Sunday, October 16, 2011

Saturday Thrifting Success


I've been looking for a great place to go thrifting close to home. On Saturday, I found that place. It's called Pretty Penny. They have vintage and vintage inspired clothing and accessories. The prices are great. And the staff was amazing. I worked with Brit (Britt?)mostly. She was so nice and took really good care of me. The place was filled with shoppers and with only two staff members, Brit still made me feel special and well taken care of. Both staff members were fantastic, I just didn't get the other girls name. Sorry.

I purchased a fantastic sequined and beaded vintage top, sequin vintage dress, vintage Ugo Correani belt($14 steal!), herringbone pencil skirt, studded cowboy boots, color-blocked loafers, a couple shirts, and a vintage Dooney&Bourke bag.

Here's what I wore for my day of thrifting. I threw on the vintage Dooney&Bourke bag I picked up at Pretty Penny for these outfit shots. Below I've posted pics of my entire haul.








Harem pants:aryn k., Tee, VS, Vest: BCBG Max Azria, Platforms: Daniblack, Sunglasses, Just Cavali, Bag: Vintage Dooney&Bourke

Here's some pics of my purchases:





14 comments:

laura said...

Tracy, your thrifting outfit looks so comfy and chic! I really love those pants! They have such a lovely pattern! AAAAND omg, you got so many amazing things! And they all look great! Like all brand new and expensive looking too!
♥ laura

the blog of worldly delights

skippysays said...

Wow, I am so definitely going to have to go check that place out! Love everything you got, especially that pencil skirt. And I love the shoes you wore on your day thrifting :)
www.saysskippy.blogspot.com

Collette Osuna said...

You found some awesome pieces!!! and you know Im all about those pants you wore!!! love the outfit:)
Have a great week!!


Statements in Fashion: A Funky Little Fashion Blog

Shybiker said...

Yay! Good for you!

You found some treasures. I love thrifting. And the pants you wore are uber-cute.

Style Journey said...

You got a great haul thrifting! The sequin black shirt is so cool!

The pants you are wearing are pretty awesome! You look fantastic!

LV said...

I love thrifting! I really like your outfit and it looks like you got some great finds!

http://foodfashionandflow.blogspot.com/

Dawn said...

Hi twin, I love your outfit, especially your shoes. You hit the jackpot with your finds and great service too? Love your loot! Studded cowboy boots are my fav. Dawn Suitcase Vignettes xo

Tinfoils Tiaras said...

What an amazing thrifting haul- sure you don't want to make a 16 min on your finds like I did? ;) I love the pattern of your pants and vintage D&B- amazing!

Miriam Stella said...

wow! i like it so much!!!! ;-)
thank you for visit my Miriamstella's blog !
I hope you come back again to see my new post! and if you like the blog...you could follow! ;-)
kisses
Miriamstella (from Italy)
http://isfashionmypassion.blogspot.com/

woreout said...

What a haul! You scored some great pieces, that sequin top and those studded boots are so great! Now back to your outfit... those print harem pants are ah-mazing! I want I want!

Bonnie said...

A few years ago, I had this crazy obsession with Dooney bags. I own about 10 of them because of that obsession. Lately, I haven't been feeling their styles as much, but I still get their newsletters and stuff.

I can't believe your thrifting skills. I wish I had the patience to thrift. I don't. I'm too hyper and crazy and I want to find something like now when I walk into the store. If I don't, I leave. I'm insane, I know,

http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
Twitter: @GlamKitten88

Amanda said...

Your harem pants are fantastic and look at that load! LOVE your finds (you got some steals!) especially the beaded top and vintage D&B (you know I love me some vintage purses :))

Shybiker said...

Your blog keeps getting more and more popular. New readers, more comments, lots of affection... you're doing something right!

silvergirl said...

You did great with your haul!
can't wait to see how you style all of this
i have a Dooney & Burke from the 80's up in my closet
I should go did it out
brett
(you know i am turning green over here over that sequin top!)